Monday, August 28, 2017

KIRBY! 100 big ass years old!



Today marks the 100th birthday of Jack "KING" Kirby, Master of pencils, inks, typewriter, creator of heroes, gods, villains, and heralds.  When I grew up, yes so very very long ago, in small town Wisconsin, I was alone in my appreciation for the King's work.  It wasn't due to his work, it was about the way that kids looked at comics at the time, the availability of comics, and the lack of a local fandom.  I am not, NOT saying a thing about him, his work, or fans in general.  I AM saying that for me, it was a glorious experience later in life to meet folks who did greatly enjoy his work.  The internet has made the world smaller, in very good ways.  I deeply love Kirby.  His works made my brain happy.

JACK KIRBY is, was, and will always be the KING OF COMIC BOOKS. 
 











No comments: